Friday, June 8, 2012

First Community Medical Checkup- First day

My teammates. We are all first year med student.
Alhamdulillah I got the chance to perform a community medical checkup in my first year of medical school. I am one of the committee that handle Medical Science Club booth during MSU's Convocation this time.   It was a very meaningful experience though. 
At first I lack confidence to actually approach the community of my campus and do a med checkup on them. But soon I realized that Allah has given me this opportunity to develop my own soft skills. After all, we could not learn these skills from book but through practice.

2 tasks that I've done; taking Body Mass Index (BMI) and Blood Pressure (BP).
Although it seems an easy job, it actually requires your confident to interact with the subject when they ask you questions. For example, as a medical personnel I should know the normal range of BMI and BP. The most ideal BMI is in the range of 18 to <25. So you have to explain the clinical relations about this number to the subject.
As for blood pressure taking, quite a number of individual asks me whether they are prone to any kind of unhealthy condition if their BP almost above the normal range.What do you expect to answer them if you lack of confidence? Sometimes theoretically we manage to answer them straight. But in reality, it is not that easy to accomplish. Your mind might manipulate the condition. If you are in the state of nervous, your brain cannot direct a well and smooth outcome of decision. 
So keep in mind, we are what we are thinking!

InsyaAllah on next  Sunday morning i'll try blood test for  blood grouping, blood haemoglobin and blood glucose. :)

Discussion on determining the blood group test.
Always smile when meeting people. Its Sunnah! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment