Friday, May 12, 2017

A Temporary Gift by Asmaa Hussein - Book Review



I added sticky notes for quotes to ponder in future.


If I were to quote the sentences from its pages, I would rather be presenting to you the entire of this book. So it is because each word that Asmaa had written in her book has really touched every corner of my heart.

The way she described her struggles of her journey in this world, made me shock and in awe. How could she endure all her pains in such a beautiful manner? This piece of her writings represents how much wisdom Allah provides to her after every difficult affair she faced in her life. She never fails to relate her experiences and her feelings to the surahs from the Quran.

Asmaa also took examples of many stories from the prophets and the earlier people whom Allah tested with difficulty in life. This made me realize, that, every story of the previous people Allah mentioned in the Quran is meant for us to learn from them. The stories taught us to believe that Allah will help us in the same way He helped our predecessors. So, what we read in the Quran are not merely for a storytelling, but for us to understand and know The Mercy of The Almighty to His slaves. It's for us to have faith that Allah always keep His promises.

I am really glad to know Asmaa's writing. Back then, I was in search of an inspiration that may lift up my spirit. Like everyone else, I too had experience in love, loss, and healing. But to me, Asmaa is the example of people whom Allah granted them wisdom through calamities. She wrote it with admiringly excellent poetry that I believe will grab the attention of anyone who ponders upon her lines.

I personally recommend you to read this book once in your life! When we feel that we are burdened with tests that almost unbearable and we are losing in faith, remember that there's always other people whom Allah test them with a heavier tragedy. Why then don't we feel thankful?

"This book is a reminder that beyond the pain and darkness of loss there is still the potential of light in patience and constancy."

Thank you, dear Asmaa Hussein. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment